Sunday 13 January 2013

Well not much is going on with regards the garden. I've sown a couple more trays of Vento and globo onions. Also I popped in a tray of chillies just in case the early sowing fails. The blanch and pot leeks and ticking along nicely under the lights and it'll soon be time time pot them on into bigger pots. I keep the lights on for 12 hrs a day, I'm not sure if this is enough or too much so we'll see.I have given all the plants a weak feed of maxi grow (seaweed feed).
I have filled the long carrot bed and sterilized the sand. I'll now leave it to settle before scoring and boring.  This week I'll try and sort the parsnip drums.
 I've started to sift, sieve and shred the compost ready to knock up my mixes. Haven't decided on my final mixes yet, it'll probably be based on last years which even with the dreadful weather we're the bedtime ones I've grown. ( esp parsnips)


 I popped into the plot this week just to cast my eye on any progress but as expected things are pretty stationary. The weather forecast is very poor with either snow and frost expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment