Saturday 1 December 2012

Dilligaf Decking!

Well progress is going along steadily on the dinghy front. After a tortuous week at work I've been enjoying some well earn't leave. I managed a few hours work on Dilligaf, cutting the first couple of decking pieces. I'm using plain, straight forward exterior 6mm ply. There really is no value in using marine ply. It's considerably more expensive, and working on the theory that I don't expect this boat to be around for many more years l'll stick to the cheaper option.
I used the old deck as a rough guide to give me a line to cut to. I cut a fair way outside the line giving me room for error, and I can always sand down to the line later. These first few pieces have also now been varnished with a standard exterior polyurethane varnish.
I did make a mistake on the first cut piece of deck by going too close to the line.
But as they say, You can't make the same mistake twice, the second time isn't a mistake, it's a choice!



No comments:

Post a Comment