Friday 23 November 2012

Choices are the hinges of destiny!

Things are progressing steadily on the dinghy front. HMS Dilligaf has now had the decking beams secured and made solid. After replacing any rotten timbers, I've varnished all around the areas which will shortly be inaccessible . I also put some epoxy and glass tape on the wood joints and areas which I consider will be subjected to the greatest stresses. All this hasn't been done for any great aesthetic value and could be deemed as a bit of an eyesore, but it's merely structural and won't be seen.
Next up is the decking, so I'll be sourcing suitable timber in the near future. I was recently offered some mahogany timber free of charge. Usually bargains like this aren't something to be ignored, but as the donator of this " mahogany timber " has attempted to dupe me before, I didn't get excited. Turns out it was total garbage, only compounding my theory that you should never confuse thoughtlessness with malice, and the guys just thinking of himself as usual.
C'est la vie.
In the garden the recent terrible weather has continued to keep me tied up in the house. I will shortly be sowing the first of next years crop which will be the 250gm onions. Ive generally grown vento in recent years but last year I grew some toughball which are a proven show bench winner, and was hugely impressed. The skin finish was super and they were relatively easy to match up.
More on this at sowing time. I've been busy preparing the conservatory ready to put the heated mats and grow lights in to supply supplementary daylight to the onion seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment