Sunday 18 November 2012

Success comes in cans, not cant's!

I've been progressing steadily with my Enterprise Dinghy project. The deck beams that were a little dodgy have been reinforced or replaced. Some of these may look a trifle basic, but this project was always about building a cheap practical sailboat and not a fine crafted, beautifully turned out classic.
I've decided to put on a gunwhale next to shore up the top edge of the side planking. I've also decided to complete the decking before I turn her over. This will give the whole dinghy a lot more stability and rigidity. Then I can crack on with the hull.
Not much will get done this week as not only am I going to the tip ( as previously mentioned) I'm also fitting a door for a pal who doesn't own a chisel! Simply marvellous .........

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a bit of a gem there! Too bad about the mahogany...not salvageable at all?

    ReplyDelete